Join the team at Supply Services
Could you be our next super star? Wanting to join the team?
We are looking to fill another position within our growing Mount Maunganui based, head office team as our company wide Purchasing Officer.
The purchasing office deals with all our international suppliers from Europe, North America, the United States, and Asia to name a few, as well as all our New Zealand based suppliers.
This is an important role within our business and interacts with senior management, external and internal sales teams, our admin and engineering teams.
In 2020, Supply Services Limited proudly reached a milestone of 40 years in business.
We are a nationwide operation with branches in Auckland, Mount Maunganui and Christchurch.
The business has a track record of long-term employee retention, with some of our staff being here for more than 25 years, with a large number in the 10-15 year range.
Supply Services is the preferred supplier to some of New Zealand’s largest and most recognised companies. It is a well established and successful privately owned NZ business. Representing an enviable international product range, this is a business with a reputation for meeting and surpassing expectations, finding solutions and maintaining long-term client relationships.
About the Purchasing Officer role
This is a great opportunity for a motivated person to join a privately owned business that is going places.
- Are you detail orientated person and work well in a structured environment?
- Having previous purchasing, inventory, or accounting experience is an advantage
Duties of this role include:
- Placing and managing international and domestic purchase orders
- Checking orders and receipting stock
- Producing estimates for our sales teams
- Managing product data and inventory levels
- Preparing payments and cash flow reports
- Working closely with warehouse, accounts, admin and management teams
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical approach
- Confident computer skills with software such as Windows 10, Microsoft office, accounting and ERP systems
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly as we change and implement new systems
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Be motivated, and participate effectively as a team player
- Knowledge of engineering products would be beneficial, however not essential
Ideally you will have previous experience in a purchasing role, however if you have sound knowledge of accounting and business practices, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply for the Purchasing Officer role at Supply Services
This role is advertised on both SEEK and TradeMe.
Please follow the online application process from either of these job portals.
Apply via SEEK
Apply via TradeMe